Swansea Parent Carer Forum (SPCF) will fully comply with the UK General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) and the strict principles stating that information must be:
- Processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, and not further processed for other purposes incompatible with these purposes. Further processing for archiving purposes or statistical purposes are considered compatible with the initial purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which data is processed.
- Accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date. Reasonable steps are to be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes which they are processed, are removed or rectified without delay.
- Kept in a form that permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary, for the purposes for which the personal data is processed. Personal data may be stored for longer periods if the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes, in the interest of public, scientific or historical research purposes, subject to the implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measure required by GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals.
- Processed in a way that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- Swansea Parent Carer Forum (SPCF) will keep personal information safe and secure, whether it is stored in a paper format or electronically.
- Information held will not be disclosed to any other party, unless they have the authority to see it or have specific permission of the individual it relates to.
- Any person may request that their personal information is removed from our records at any time.
- Any person may request a copy of information held about them by SPCF at any time.
- The membership database may not be e-mailed under any circumstances and will be held on a system with encrypted access.
- The membership database may only be held by named members of the Leadership Team or staff working for SPCF.
- This policy will be reviewed annually.